Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Journaling

Back on July 22nd here I talked (a little bit) about the book Visual Chronicles by Linda Woods and Karen Dinino, the one that was out of print. I ordered it through Amazon from a book store in Tennessee called Smoky Mountain Books and it came last week.









The book is about journaling your real self, as the authors say 'transferring your essence to the surface' of a page, which appeals to me because I think you can get a lot of soul work done if you journal and get your thoughts and experiences from the day out of your head to a place where you can look at them, I think it helps you learn and grow. And its extra nice if you can use your creative process at the same time.

I love the titles of the chapters in this book, or I should say Fear Busters? Fear Buster #1 I have no time, Fear Buster #2 I can't write, Fear Buster #3 I'm just not Artistic, etc.

I went out and got myself a few supplies to start out with and have been writing each night. Its
much less artistic than the book encourages but I'm taking baby steps and I'm definitely being me.

No comments: