Friday, August 7, 2009

Its beginning to look a lot like Sock Summit

I'm just about finished with the summer sweater, I have just three more rows of seed stitch edging around the neck and then I can bind off. I may even be able to wear it to Sock Summit tomorrow! Almost done and its still summer, imagine that!

Its beginning to look a lot like Sock Summit - everywhere I read on Ravelry and blogs people are talking about it, traveling to it, or lamenting they are not going. I am so excited to go check out the Marketplace tomorrow. I will leave from Bend early and drive to Portland for a few hours to see what I can see. I have downloaded the map of the vendor booths and highlighted the ones I can't miss: Three Irish Girls, Frog Creek Fibers, A Verb for Keeping Warm, and Lisa Souza. I will stop by to say hello to the Gossamer girls who will be there from Bend as well. And I'll check out Blue Moon Fiber Arts since I've actually never seen any 'Socks that Rock' yarn. I know it will be super stimulating and I'll come home with so many ideas and things I want to do.

Speaking of things I want to do, the fall knitting mags are out:

I like many of the patterns in this issue of IK, way more than I will ever have time to make, and there are a few in the KnitSimple issue as well that were too cute to pass up. And of course the cutest pattern in knitscene that is spreading like wildfire already and is at the top of my list: the heather hoodie vest.

Our hot weather has disappeared and its feeling a lot like fall today so I am more inspired than ever to dig in and start knitting!

1 comment:

Mary Jo Guy said...

Jen - Have fun at the Sock Summit! Love your Blog and look for it every morning. The swatch looks great - I couldn't be happier and I am excited and confident about your estimation of how it will turn out! Love, Mom