Wednesday, August 5, 2009

New Project

I've swatched for a new project that I plan on working on at the same time as the other current projects: the summer sweater, July's scarf, and shortly July's sock club socks (as soon as I can decide on a pattern.) This new project is one that has been years in my mind. Two years to be exact.

My mom bought yarn for me to make her a sweater two summers ago and its been on my mind ever since. She wants a short-sleeved, short-wasted cardigan in a 'bright' yarn. This yarn is definitely bright - I've never knit with anything quite like it. Its Aura from Trendsetter Yarns in 100% nylon and its crazy. The base yarn is pretty varigated yarn in pink, orange, red, and purple and then it has a shiny, confetti looking aura spun in. Its kind of furry.

I was afraid I would hate knitting with it, but it was actually kind of nice and a good change from the cotton of the summer sweater.





We've picked out a pattern that we're using as a template (Annette from the Summer 09 Knitty) and I think with this yarn, the pattern will work out great. Mom, the furriness of the yarn will counter-act the tight-look in the fishnet pattern that I think you weren't too excited about. Here's a look at how the pattern would look in this yarn. The fuzziness of the yarn will fill in
the holes that are so prominent in the original pattern. I think the yarn will make the sweater drape well and not feel so form fitting as it looked in the picture and turn out to be just what you were looking for.

No comments: