Thursday, August 20, 2009

Project progress

Despite the week away and challenges of getting back to the routine, some progress has been made on a few knitting projects.

I finally cast on for my July sock club socks and am really enjoying working on them. After telling people at knitting group last night about joining a sock club, one woman asked if my goal was really to knit a pair of socks a month. It is my goal, I don't need 12 skeins of socks yarn just piling up to enhance my stash. I want to actually get through these shipments and make some socks. My goal is to knit up every skein of yarn that gets delivered to my door.

I washed and blocked the swatch for mom's sweater. I don't generally do this but I listened to Kelly Petkun's podcast on swatching and learned why its important to wash and block your swatch and I figure this project should be done the right way so I am going to do it step by step.



Work on the July scarf-club scarf continues a-pace and it will certainly be done before the next shipment arrives. Now that I know they don't come until the very last moment of the month, I know I have plenty of time to get this done before the next one comes. Its nice to just work one pattern repeat each night and watch it grow.




I looked far and wide at Sock Summit for the perfect pattern to use for my sock-club socks and finally found the Urban Strollers pattern by Aurora Yarns. It is looking really nice with this colorway and its just what I wanted.





July's colorway - Rhubarb, isn't it pretty?

No comments: