Monday, August 24, 2009

Sock on the road

My sock and I drove to Portland yesterday afternoon. I went for a concert with my husband, my sock came along for the ride. I turned the heal and started working down the foot as we drove over the Government Camp pass. It was a very pretty drive, the sun was out and it was a lovely afternoon.







I got a picture of my sock with Mt. Hood in the background.







We went to see The Dead Weather, Jack White's new band, my husband is a big fan. Their opening band, at left, was called Tyvek. My phone camera does not take the best pictures, especially from a distance so you wouldn't be able to pick out the drummer who played standing up the whole set.



At left here, The Dead Weather. Again, very difficult to tell who is who but it was a good show and fortunately for me, my husband played the album several times over the last few weeks so that I recognized the songs and was able to sing along. We drove back to Bend after the show so it was a late night.

Thankfully, no work for me today unless you count taking a 12 year old to the 2nd out of three dentist appointments in the span of a week work.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hope the sock enjoyed the concert as much as you and your hubby did :D

I was in Hood River last week for 4-day intense workshops so and not much of R&R. It's beautiful to be around the Gorge. The place I stayed at looked right out at Mt. Hood so I was one happy camper. A trip in the fall with the kids to Fruit de Loop is in the plan. It'll be awesome at that time of the year.