Sunday, July 26, 2009

YAY!

The mail lady finally brought my July scarf club kit, it arrived yesterday. I was on my way out to walk the dog and I squealed so loud at the mailbox that I could be heard from inside the house. (I haven't been looking too forward to getting this.;-)

This month we have a skein of Nashua Handknits Geologie - 37% Acrylic, 33% Mohair, and 30% Wool - 50 g/142 yards - worsted weight.

The colorway is NGE6261 (how boring, I would call it Tidepool) which is a mix of deep purple, ocean blue, moss green, and a dark amber. The plies are mixed colors due to the fiber blend which makes a very interesting color blend.

The pattern is a variation on the feather and fan stitch using #8 needles. This one looks like it will be more of a warm, cozy scarf. And it has a nice 10 row repeat, just right for a little daily knitting in short blocks of time.

No comments: