Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Wednesday night knitting group



I went to my Wednesday night knitting group last night for the first time in about a year. It was nice to see all the old knitting friends again and meet a few new ones. The place the group meets now is a comfortable, used book store with a coffee counter. Its an inviting place and its nice to be able to order a cup of tea. There is a big room upstairs with a long table which the knitters gather around. Customers come upstairs to see more books and I ran into an old friend who I hadn't seen in years this way. She was surprised to see a group of knitters chatting away as she came upstairs but we were happy to connect.


I meant to take a picture of the group but I forgot so I found this copy of an old painting of a group of knitters on-line to use as a graphic.


Even though knitting can be a solitary endeavor, its nice to be part of a group like this to get inspired in your craft and have a social outlet. I'm quiet so I don't converse much but I love to listen to people's conversations and get ideas for new projects. Several people had made the French Market bag and I was able to look at one up close. They were so cute, I think I'd like to make one or more. It would be a great gift - everyone can use them for grocery bags or to carry all sorts of things.


I'm glad to be able to be back with the group and hopefully will be able to attend every other week now.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

It's nice to have you back. Look forward to hanging out more. Do let me know if/when you bring the kids. Mine would love it too.