Thursday, July 16, 2009

Summer sweater

I'm working (slowly) on a t-shirt style sweater for the summer made out of Knit Pick's Shine Sport (60% Pima cotton, 40% modal).

I thought this might be a quick knit but I figured that without figuring in summer itself. Every night is so full of activity, there is no time for sitting and knitting. And there is no lunch-time knitting this week as I am taxi-service for my knit-wear model's Orchestra camp.

The sweater is patterned after the Pleat-front top in Knitsimple's spring/summer 09 issue. I'm adding an edging at the bottom hem for interest and to make it a bit longer. I like this pattern since it can be knit in the round. I haven't had much luck so far with sweaters that have to be knit in pieces and seamed up. I am hoping this will go as well as the Olympic Challenge project I completed last summer - same type of knit-in-the-round t-shirt pattern and in the same yarn.

Maybe it will be done before summer is.


Charity kitty and a cup of coffee help me blog early in the morning.

No comments: