Saturday, July 11, 2009

Lunch-time knitting



Now that the weather is warm enough to sit outside during the day, my favorite thing to do for lunch is go to the park and knit. I pick a park near the river so I can see water and people enjoying themselves, I sit on a park bench, and get out my knitting. Its peaceful and yet, I feel like I'm part of the fun that everyone is having.

I can watch the rafters walking through the park with their boats, launch them, and head down river. I can watch the little kids splashing on the edge of the water. I can usually catch a game of frisbee or watch other lunch-time people reading and eating. Its nice to be part of it all and yet seperate and doing your own thing. I get a little knitting done and I get some outside time to balance out the rest of my day inside a building.

The only bad part about it is that I wish lunch-time was longer and that I didn't have to go back to work.

No comments: