Saturday, July 18, 2009

10 is a magic number


Conner is 10 today.

The cheerful, enthusiastic, agreeable boy who loves football, maps, cooking . . . a million different divergent things. A child that I feel I can completely understand because he seems to share my brain, the way I think.
He is a Cancer just like me, born eight days after my own birthday. Sunny and sometimes a little disorganized slow on the uptake, we make up for it by happily going along with other people's ideas, without complaint.

He loves life and is ready for anything.

Happy Birthday to my big boy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've liked the age 10. Though we argue a lot, we also are good friends. And he's getting more independent - biking to the store with a friend, staying home alone after camp, making his own snacks (sometimes). I see the teen years peeking through already, though...