Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Scarf of the month



In June I joined Patternworks 'Scarf of the month club'. Its the first 'joiner' thing I've done and I'm excited for the challenge. I am going to try to finish each monthly project before the next one arrives.

This club sends you a scarf pattern and a different type of yarn to make the pattern each month. It sounds like the pattern and yarn will stay seasonal so cooler fiber and smaller designs for the summer. June's selection was Nashua's Creative Focus Silk, a 100% silk yarn in a sea-foam green. The pattern is a 22 row lace repeat in a diamond pattern that repeats about 14 times to make the scarf. This will be a very decorative scarf.

The end of school and beginning of summer have been very busy on the kid and job front but I'm hoping that I have settled into a summer schedule now that will allow me more time for blog posts. I LOVE the warm weather and all the light. Morning walks and lunch-time park sitting are in the plans for the forseeable future!

No comments: