Thursday, September 3, 2009

The next scarf

Here is August's club offering for September knitting. I think from now on I'm going to call it the September scarf. Even though I started out in June receiving the club shipment mid-month and knitting it the same month it arrived, it seems that Patternworks has decided to ship at the end of the month so that the shipment arrives on the last day of the month and knitting does not happen until the next month anyway. So, readers, we'll transition this August club offering into a 'September scarf', you with me?

This is Nashua Handknits Creative Focus Worsted. Its 75% wool and 25% Alpaca, 100g, 220 yards. The colorway is called Blue Smoke. It has a very low twist and is a smooth yarn, it should make a luscious scarf.

The pattern is an eyelet pattern with just two rows in the repeat that you alternate throughout the entire scarf.

Knitting group met last night and work on July's sock continued. Our group is being offered an opportunity to showcase our handknits at the used bookstore where we meet. The proprietor is going to display any handknits we provide (with some sort of selection process) during the Christmas season and offer them for sale in exchange for any knitting books or periodicals we want to donate to her store. Scarves, of which I will have several by then, and hats would be good offerings. Pricing will be interesting but I would love to see my handknits displayed. I may think about selecting a few to see if they will make the cut.

No comments: