Thursday, September 18, 2008

New yarn store and a quiet weekend


I visited the new location for Juniper Fiberworks a few weekends ago and really like Deb's new space. It feels much more cozy than the previous shop and I like how only part of it is color-coded and there is a little more 'by-the-fiber organization'. For some reason it was much easier to shop in the new store and find some neat little treasures so there must be something about the way its set up that makes if more comfortable for shopping. I think this will be good for Deb because the other location was never my first choice for yarn shopping. The location itself is not bad either, closer to my house and in between work and home which might not be so good for me!

I saw the cutest little sample hat with a soft halo of a yarn and had to make one for myself so I bought the Debbie Bliss Alpaca-Silk in a watermelon color and here is my version.


It’s a good thing hats are such a quick knit because at least I have an FO:

I’ve been stopped up on my Olympic challenge sweater – Bonita. I’ve gotten to the neck band and a new technique for casting-off that I’ve not done before so it’s a case of finishing-phobia. I may need outside help to get past this point. I also need some focused, quiet time to sit down and figure it out. Perhaps the kid-free weekend coming up will provide me with some of that.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Come to knitup or my place...I will gladly help you get it off the needles :0)

I agree with you about Deb's new place. It's more inviting and so was she when I was there few weeks ago.