Monday, September 22, 2008

Getting there


Finally, I think I've got it. I took the time to sit down and focus on my project this weekend and was able to figure out a new technique - the i-cord bind-off. I read the instructions on the pattern and then went to knitty.com and read the tutorial on i-cord bind off and I also remember listening to Kelly Petkin talk about the i-cord bind off on her Knit-Picks podcast and I finally got the concept and was able to get it done. Thank you very much to Sarah for her offer of help and when I figure out how to get back to her I may take her up on her offer but I think I need it more for technical blogging help at this point. Thanks, Sarah!



Bob loves to help show off the knitting, of course. Here he is trying to get in on the action and be a knitwear model. Isn't the i-cord bind off so tidy looking? I was so impressed when I saw it finished. Now there is just the weaving in of ends and I will have my finished 'Olympic project'.



It is another late night tonight, the Monday, kid day - football practice, cross-country, late dinner, and homework. This is all after I had a rough day at work, not agreeing with the boss and trying to communicate while staying diplomatic and respectful. This may not be the job for me but its not the time to be thinking about leaving a job. A job is a good thing to have right now - especially after all the craziness that went on last week and what we may be facing in our economy now. Wouldn't it be nice to just be a cat and be able to relax on hand-knits?

1 comment:

Sarah said...

You can send me messages either through Knitup site or through my blogs:
www.radicalunschooler.blogspot.com
www.fairystitch.blogspot.com
or
www.ravelry.com/people/knit1felttoo

Yes, I love Icord-Bindoff for a polished, professional finish. Your sweater is gorgeous. Cat on your knitting is swell until...Awww, you should see what my daughter's new dog did with my Alpaca sock yarns recently!

Hope to see you soon. Give me a shoot and I'll give you my number...in future, we can get together anytime to learn and inspire together.

Enjoy the glorious Autumn day!