Sunday, February 28, 2010

Winning a medal

There's nothing like meeting a challenge you set for yourself, its so satisfying.


Mom's sweater is done, cast off, and all the ends are woven in. I finished tonight, even before the Closing Ceremonies started.


I used much less yarn than I expected. I guess I'll need to make a scarf to accompany the sweater because I used only half the yarn we bought almost three years ago and I was afraid I wouldn't have enough! I used about 525 yards total.


My lovely knitwear model shows off her Grandma's new sweater.



If it looks small, that's because its less of a sweater for warmth and more of an accessory sweater to be worn over a little dress.




I could put a button on the top or several all the way down the front. What do you think?




Here's what it would look like with a shawl pin for a closure.


I'm pretty proud of myself for finishing this sweater in two weeks!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations, Jen! That must feel SO good. The sweater's so pretty. I think a button or two on the top would be nice, especially if it's to go over a dress.

Anonymous said...

WOW, Jeni! It looks beautiful and in two weeks' time! You're amazing!It's going to be wonderful to wear (although, I'm not as slim as your lovely knitwear model). I have a shall pin I like that is going unused but it is quite large. Polly may be right that a button or two would be nice. At this point, I don't know. Congratulations on meeting your challenge! Love, Mom