Thursday, February 4, 2010

January's shipment


The Three Irish Girls shipment arrived today!!! YAY!!!

Its the best extra yet - the 2010 Year in Yarn calendar. I wanted to buy this calendar at the end of last year but was resigned that it was not in the budget and now I get it as a gift. That's the best kind of gift.


And this month's yarn is so pretty, a rich blue blend in shades from denim to deep navy called Serenity. Its 350 yards of 100% Superwash Merino. This is definitely made for socks but I think I'm going to make it into a cowl.

Here's a picture from the calendar for May: Miss Babs Hand Dyed Yarns from the Blue Ridge Mountains of eastern Tennessee. I was able to visit the booth she had at Sock Summit last summer and see this yarn in person. Its beautiful in person and on the calendar.

No comments: