Friday, February 26, 2010

Taco Stand?


Taco Stand Friday was thrown off course today - The Taco Stand was closed!

They are a local, family-owned business that can close on a whim if they choose to go watch a ski race or cook for a Mt. Bike race. They're only open for lunch hours on weekdays anyway so they don't have extended hours to maintain. But a lot of locals depend on them and it threw us way off. We didn't know what to do and we were hungry.

Somehow we decided on Super Burrito, a restaurant that neither of us have been to in its most recent carnation in the Mid-Columbia Bank building on Newport. It was not bad, had a fairly extensive menu (compared to Taco Stand) and is open for dinner as well. I tried the Torta with pork and it was pretty good but just did not have the good bread that Tortas in Mexico have. I wish now that I'd tried the nachos. Heidi stuck with her regular meal and had the bean and rice burrito.

I would eat there again and its close enough to walk to in the evening from my house. Lets just hope that next Friday we can go back to our regular schedule or I will have an unhappy, burrito-eating friend on my hand.

No comments: