Tuesday, February 23, 2010

February 23

I feel I should apologize for the boring posts lately. I know I've just been slapping up a photo, writing a brief comment, and logging out to get on with the rest of my evening. I can only think of one person for whom these posts might not have been so boring and that is the person following the progress of the sweater with the most excitement.

The one thing about this Olympic challenge for me versus the actual Olympic athletes is that they get to go far away from their real lives, stay in a dormitory, and spend their time focusing on their event for the duration of the Olympics. If I could do that, I might actually be able to knit and write creatively about my knitting as well. Where in reality, I have had to keep up my real life including full time work, parental and domestic responsibilities, and more social engagements than I've had to think about since the holidays. I haven't even watched much of the Olympics since that first weekend.

But here's what I have done, I've knit not a stitch on anything other than my intended project since the Opening ceremonies and when I could, I've focused an extended period of time on that project. I really would like to get this done within the time frame of the Olympics.

The body is done up to the bottom of the armholes, one sleeve is done and the second cast on. Next step is to attach the sleeves and work the yoke and shoulders up to the neck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am very pleased!!! I even like the silky cloud print pajamas! You are my Olympian. Love, Mom