Monday, March 15, 2010

Rock and Roll

I don't know why the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame isn't the commercial success that the Grammy's or the Country Music Awards may seem to be but to me, its the Heart and Soul, its the REAL music awards show.

David Geffen was inducted this year and when you listen to the artists that he represented, its like a list of the artists that formed my young ideal of good music: Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young,

Jackson Brown, Bob Dylan, Elton John.

The Hollie's were also inducted with an amazing induction speech from Stevie Van Zant which, if you get a chance to hear it, is well worth listening to, on the historical perspective of the cultural change and musical revolution that happened in the 60s.

The Stooges, Jimmy Cliff, Genesis, so much good music.

ABBA's acceptance speech made the point of how inspired we are by the creativity of those around us.

Hearing that and all this music takes me back to my core and makes me realize how inspired I am when I listen to that music and reminds me how much more I need to listen to it.

No comments: