Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Carrot Soup


I've gotten some of my best recipe ideas from blogs I've read and some of those recipes have become part of my permanent recipe file - those recipes that I use over and over again. They are either quick, healthy, inexpensive, my kids like them - or any combination of the four. Those are the keepers.

This recipe for carrot soup I found on-line because I got a bargain deal on a five pound bag of carrots and wanted to find a good way to use them. The most important ingredient in this is the tool that has opened my soup repetoire wide open - the hand-held blender.





Curried Carrot Soup

2 T oil
1 onion, chopped
1 T curry powder
2 pounds of carrot
4 cups broth (I used chicken)

Heat oil in large pot over medium heat. Saute onion until tender and translucent. Stir in the curry powder. Add the chopped carrots and stir until the carrots are coated. Pour in the broth, bring to a boil and simmer until the carrots are soft, about 20 minutes.

Remove soup from heat and use hand-held blender to puree soup until it is as smooth as you like it. You can re-heat and add water to thin if you like. I like it thick with some slight chunks.

It may not be Campbells, but its Mmm, Mmm good.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It sounds delicious! I'm going to have to try it. LOVE carrots!