Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Girl Power

Last night I was invited to play in a Mother-Daughter basketball scrimmage. It was the last official practice of my daughter's basketball season and the coach thought this would be a fun way for the girls to end the season. I thought so too until I finished my work day and didn't feel like going to run up and down the court for over an hour playing a game I haven't played in over 25 years.

Once I got there and started playing, it was fun. The other moms were there and they were all as ambivalent about it as I was at first so I felt in good company. When we started playing, we had a great time and it was a fantastic workout as well. The girls were a little frustrated by our height advantage but I think it was good for them to see us playing as seriously as we did and hopefully it will have a lasting impact on the activity level they maintain over their lives.

One more basketball season over for the year, many new friendships cemented.

No comments: