Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving

Our family celebrated Thanksgiving together on Wednesday night before the kids headed out for their celebrations with their other parents. It was a nice dinner together and we all announced what we were thankful for, mostly each other.


Thursday was spent relaxing and not cooking. It was a two bath day for me and I finished two books. There was a little bit of knitting. I am grateful for hot, running water that comes right out of the tap into the tub. Aren't we lucky to have hot tap water enough to fill up a bathtub?




I finished two books by the same author - Anne Lamott. The first was Grace (Eventually) Thoughts on Faith that I bought for the word Grace in the title and the pretty colors on the cover. I loved the way the author wrote and as I got into it, I wondered if she was the one who had written a book I'd started to read years ago at a bookstore in Eugene, that I'd not bought at the time. This was years ago, before my kids were born. It stuck in my mind because it was about a single mom raising a son in Marin, CA. I looked it up on Amazon.com and sure enough, it was her book - Operating Instructions. I ordered a used copy of the book for 1 penny on amazon ($3.99 w/ S&H but still, a $4 book). I love Anne's familiar and witty writing style and her feelings on faith and the way she articulates it really touch me. I highly recommend her books, of which there are many more.

All in all, it was a nice Thanksgiving.

No comments: