Saturday, November 29, 2008

Noro

I stopped into Juniper Fiberworks today to check out their Noro selection. I did not know they would be having an After Thanksgiving sale. They had many bags of old colorways and discontinued Noro on sale. I found a bag of 5 skeins of Kochoran on sale at 50% off and could not resist. This is almost enough to make the sweater that I've been thinking of making for almost two years but could never justify the cost of the yarn. It takes 900 - 1100 yards and at $20 for 176 yards, thats an expensive project. Now I have 875 yards which is not quite enough but perhaps I can shorten the sweater a bit.


I bought this Noro book when I started knitting again in earnest, two years ago. I fell in love with sweater which is a long cardigan, almost like a car coat. I will have to look carefully at the pattern to see where I can make modifications to adjust to a little less yarn.

Everyone raves about Noro and having never knit with it, I am looking forward to finding out how this yarn knits up.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Sweat find. Wish I am there to catch the sale! As for your dream coat, blend in other Noro, Malabridgo, or Manos Silk Blend to make up the difference.