Sunday, November 16, 2008

Hedgerow socks

Working at the hospital, being on my feet all day, I've found that I need to pay attention to my foot comfort, my feet have been bothering me a lot. So yesterday I got myself a new pair of comfy shoes - Dansko brand by recommendation. Everyone who wears them claims them to be incredibly comfortable. To go along with the new shoes, I decided to update my own sock wardrobe.


I went to Gossamer yarn shop to get my favorite sock yarn, Dream in Color, and they had some fantastic colors to choose from. I chose Dusky Aurora and Chinatown Apple. I will use my favorite sock pattern, the Hedgerow pattern to knit up this beautiful yarn. I've decided that the combination of the Hedgerow pattern and the Dream in Color yarn is my favorite. The first time I used the Hedgerow pattern last summer I happened to use a skein of Dream in Color sock yarn in the Strange Harvest colorway and I fell in love with that pair of socks. So my plan is to duplicate those and have several pair.
I cast on the Dusky Aurora last night and in less than 24 hours already have several inches done. This pattern also knits quickly and I may have a new pair of socks before the end of the week.

No comments: