Sunday, October 26, 2008

Ahhh Autumn

I love this time of year! And we've had such good weather this fall its easy to love. Our yard looks so beautiful with all leaves changing colors.


Halloween is just a week away and we had a busy weekend doing fun Halloween activities. We went to the Fall Festival and Haunted House on Friday night, made cupcakes and hung decorations yesterday, and carved our pumpkins today. The stage is set and all we need to do is wait for trick-or-treaters.

There has not been much knitting but as we head towards clock-changing time, I know there will be plenty of time for that. Right now, its time for the kids. And they keep me plenty busy. I keep myself busy too, planning all kinds of labor-intensive meals that keep me standing in the kitchen. Thank goodness the dog likes to eat pumpkin, he helps the clean-up after the carving!
I didn't think we'd get everything accomplished this weekend but we did and look how excited these kids look as they wait for the big day!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there! We miss you at Knit-Up! Congrats on starting to blog - it's as addictive as knitting (almost). Melissa