Saturday, January 23, 2010

The end of the scarf club

It was a sad day when I made the decision to end the scarf club, but it was done (mostly) in the interest of finance.

Also, see this scarf that was the last club shipment I received in November? I'm not sure that I would ever wear that, it looks more like home decor.

I will use the lovely Nashua Handknits Cilantro (70% cotton/30% poly blend) in soft green for some other deserving project.

It was certainly fun while it lasted, making a new scarf each month. I've found that scarves are a great wardrobe accessory in addition to warm outerwear. Many of my scarves got outings this winter and were worn to work. Many others found new homes as they were gifted at Christmas.

The sock club is now the focus of the regular knitting until finances improve and I can buy other new yarn.

No comments: