Thursday, November 19, 2009

Mittens

Its cold here in Central Oregon and in the morning, when I get in the car, my poor hands don't want to touch the steering wheel, they want to stay warm.

Last winter I lost one half of a pair of mittens and my hands have gone bare ever since. But I am a knitter and so . . . . I made mittens. And quite by accident, the mittens I made match the Clapotis I made two winters ago. (Maybe because that was the yarn that I had leftover from making the scarf that I found to use for the mittens.) So now I have matching mittens and a scarf.

November Gratitude: I'm thankful that I have a job that's flexible enough to take time out when I need to spend time with one of my kids, taking them to the doctor or just having an afternoon to throw the football around. And I'm thankful to be able to throw the football around with my son on an autumn afternoon.

1 comment:

Linda Woods said...

Thanks for stopping by our blog and sharing your lunch with us :)