Thursday, October 1, 2009

Bittersweet September

When September begins it still feels like summer, when it ends it feels and looks like autumn. This is just one of the reasons why I love the month of September so much, it spans the seasons and offers such diversity. When September begins, its still summer vacation by the time September's over, we're back to school. I also love back-to-school time, but it seems like it used to be so much easier.


Now that I'm not the one going back to school, I have to do all the planning and running and purchasing that goes along with getting to school not the actual going back to school. But I didn't used to mind that so much either. Just the last few years it seems like no matter how much I look forward to September, something always seems to go not quite right, the transition from summer to fall is not smooth.


This September was frought with complications and unexpected diagnoses and it took a toll on me and consequently the blog, as in not so many blog posts. I have just lately preferred sleeping to blogging. Hopefully that will change now that October is here and hopefully life will slow down along with the season and while I look forward to the hibernation, I will still get to enjoy a little autumn.


Welcome, October.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you. I hope October is a beautiful and calmly vibrant month for you! Love, Mom